Last night was the first night of week 2, and it started off horribly, as most Mondays do. Since Annabelle basically had a 3 hour nap (with 45 minutes of wakefulness in the middle) during the middle of the day, she was super tired when 6:00 rolled around. She was asleep in her crib by 6:30. Apparently not for the night.
6:30--Nursed to sleep, put down in her crib.
7:05--Woke up. I tried nursing her back to sleep, but the dog started barking at Jason getting home, and that perked her right up. She was WIDE awake then, so Jason took her for a nice long walk.
8:00--Tried putting her down. No dice.
9:00--Tried putting her down. Still wide awake.
10:00--FINALLY fell asleep. Jason tried putting her down but she screamed bloody murder, so I nursed her.
10:35--Awake again. SERIOUSLY!?!? Jason got her back down quickly and with little crying.
...ready for this...?
3:05--Woke up. Did you catch that? Almost FIVE HOURS of sleep! I didn't realize it until I saw the clock in her room. Mine was messed up from the power going out earlier, and said 1:30, so I didn't think it was that impressive. I double checked my phone, and sure enough, it said 3:05. Holy. Cow. I could have won the lotto I was so excited. I nursed her back to sleep almost immediately, and put her down in her crib again.
5:00--Woke up. Brought her to bed with me. She tossed and turned until she was comfortable (feet on the pillow, head by my waist) and fell asleep until 7:15.
Total Sleep: Counting her short little stint at 6:30, she slept almost 11 hours. Hooray!
Total number of wake ups: THREE!!!!!!
Longest sleep stretch: 4 hours, 35 minutes, on her own.
So, I'm wondering if maybe she needs to be put down for a short cat nap before dinner, like maybe around 5, and then push her bedtime back to 7:30 or 8? I think we might try that. I wonder if getting her extra energy out before going to bed is what helped her almost sleep through the night.
Anyway, we're making progress. Praise Jesus.
Home
»
»Unlabelled
» Week #2. Night #8.
5.08.2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Yay! So excited for you...praying for more progress!
Post a Comment