5.31.2012

Guys. Seriously. This is working. I wish I could meet Nicole (sleep consultant) in person and just give her a huge hug.

Those first two nights were rough...30 minutes of crying is hard for a momma to hear. But seriously. It was worth it.

I was pretty nervous about tonight, since we moved her to her crib, and Jason wasn't home to help me. But, tonight (night 4) was one of the sweetest nights I have had with my baby. After bedtime routine, I set her in her crib and sat back in the rocking chair to read. She played contentedly with her book, blankie, and Jesus Storybook Bible from her great-grandparents. After 45 minutes of standing, talking, playing, she settled down and just started slowly turning the pages in her Bible. I got teary-eyed because it was so sweet. After about 15 minutes of "Bible reading," Annabelle started getting a little bit fussy, but no real crying. I just kept quietly telling her "It's night night time, I love you so much!" and then I laid her down. She sat up twice, fussing a bit still, but I laid her back down with a kiss and an "I love you," and then she fell asleep on her own. No joke. Her Bible by her head and her blankie under her arm, and she fell asleep. I'm sorry, did I not say that clearly? SHE FELL ASLEEP, PEOPLE! ON HER OWN! WITHOUT TERRIBLE CRYING!!

::skipping through the house with joy!::

If your baby is not sleeping and you want him or her to, please hire Nicole to write you a sleep plan. It is worth every.penny. (at least so far :) )

0 comments: