5.12.2012

I spent the last few days in Chicago-land checking out the Home School Expo and spending time with my parents. My friend Kim and her son Caleb met us up there for the Expo, which started on Thursday with a "Homeschooling for Excellence 101" class. It wasn't all I thought it would be, but some aspects were educational. Same thing for the expo itself. Mostly, it was just awesome to see how many families home school, and how many of them are normal. It was also awesome to see how much support there is for home schooling. One of my biggest fears of doing it is that I will be lost, not know what to do, teach, buy, etc... during the process. The expo showed me that fear is not valid. There are SO many people who are excited and willing to help out home school parents with any decision, question, or problem they might have. It was actually a huge relief to see! While we still have a few years until Annabelle is technically "school age," it was a good experience and I definitely pocketed some ideas for down the road.

0 comments: