5.07.2012

Last night was a total joke, and it was my own fault. I am exhausted. I'm exhausted from getting out of bed to go to Annabelle, from paying attention enough to write down when and how she is waking up to tell if it's getting better, and from counting hours. Before, when I didn't actually pay attention to how little sleep I am getting, it didn't seem to bother me. Now that I KNOW how little sleep I get, it really hits me how tired I should be, and therefore realize I am tired. If that makes sense. So anyway, last night was a joke because I was so tired I sort of half-@$$ed it.

6:30--Nursed her to sleep
7:15--She woke up. Jason made the mistake of bringing her downstairs thinking she wasn't ready to go to sleep. We had company, so all of the people woke her up enough that she didn't want to go back to sleep, even though she was clearly tired. So, I sent them back upstairs to put her back down. He tried for 10 minutes and she just cried the whole time. As soon as I went up and started nursing her, she immediately fell asleep. Sigh. That was around 7:30 or so.
8:45--She sort of woke up, but fell immediately back to sleep on her own.
9:50--Woke up, and got really mad when Jason went in. I nursed her, and thought she was asleep, but two put-down attempts later, she kept waking up. I was frustrated. At 10:15 I laid her down on her tummy awake, and kept pulling her knees out from under her, rubbing her back and shushing her. She didn't cry, and actually fell asleep in only a few minutes! Wow! I was so amazed.
10:30--Unfortunately, my amazement was short lived. She woke up again. I was over it, so I just told Jason to bring her to me, which he did. She slept in our bed the rest of the night, and I have no idea how many times she woke up. All I know is that the storms woke me up more than she did, and I just did my best to stay asleep all night long. She woke up for good at 6:30.

So, last night was a fail, and it was my fault. I have no statistics, because I didn't keep track after 10:30. Oh well. Tonight is proving to be a bad start, as Mondays usually are. I babysit in the mornings, and Annabelle doesn't usually get a nap in until 11:30, and then her afternoon nap is thrown off, and so is bedtime. So, I put her down tonight at 6:30, and she woke up at 7:05 ready to party, so I just got her up. Who knows what is happening.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i stumbled upon your blog. im a mom too and wanted to offer some advice that helped me. i noticed that she wakes up pretty easily to outside noise. have you tried a sound machine? my son is an amazing sleeper and thats one of the things i implented when he was born. also- we always made sure he was in cool room (mostly for sids and then just continued with it), had white noise (again for sids but still using it) - bought it off of amazon, a fan works the same way - and black out curtains. i believe those 3 things helped tremondously!

Jill said...

Thank you! We actually do have a white noise machine, and lead a loud bathroom fan on, too. Last night her room was chillier than usual, so I am hoping that helped! Thanks for the advice!